Install Linuxmint 13 with KDE instead Windows 7

Posted by Bimo Hery Prabowo On Kamis, 27 September 2012 0 comments

Time to go back to the linux system. I used to use linux, then changed again with windows 7 because many programs that only run on windows 7. I used to use ubuntu linux. This is a distro that is easy to learn and use, because ubuntu is designed for home computers.

And now I've found a good linux distro. His name LinuxMint version 13. Linuxmint using the latest kernel and the latest KDE 4.8, so it is easy to use. I am so happy to use linux instead of windows.

How do I install linux? very easy, even easier than windows 7. Linux can be installed on the computer intel and AMD. I have yet to install linux on mac os computer. Caused I do not have a mac os.
To install Linux, you need to download linux iso from the internet. Choose a university server that provides linux iso. Because I was in Indonesia, I chose from the University of Indonesia that provides server linux.

After that, you can burn the iso to a DVD or flash. I prefer the flash, because it is faster and does not need to buy the DVD. You can use the program unetbootin (for linux and windows, mac os version is also available).

Once you get inside the flash with linux system, you can simply run the Linux in liver USB or permanently install linux on your PC or laptop. That you must understand is that Linux requires at least two partitions are system partitions (boot) and a swap partition. You just need to set aside at least 10GB for linuxmint (8GB for boot partition and 2 GB for swap). You do not have to worry about the data erased, deleted windows, damaged hardware, and others. Linux is now very easy to install and use.

Choose office for linux : Libre Office and i also still using twitter adder for linux