Send SMS via PC Linux with Android and AirDroid

Posted by Bimo Hery Prabowo On Sabtu, 22 September 2012 0 comments

From now on I want to use linux. I chose linuxmint with KDE 4.8 instead of Microsoft Windows 7. Linux has a robust system, strong and stable. Another plus is similar to the Mac OS. I do not have much money to buy a Mac. System on linux is almost similar to MAC OS, but Linux is free, while the Mac OS must pay.
AirDroid

The first obstacle was finding a replacement program MyPhoneExplorer, because until now there is no for linux. I used to use MyPhoneExplorer to send and manage SMS messages to mobile phones android. Strongest candidate is AirDroid for android. This program can be obtained for free through the Android Market and can be accessed through a web browser. So airdroid connected to wifi, my linux laptop is also connected to the same wifi. Finally I was able to send and receive SMS via PC.

However, the disadvantage is not having a facility airdroid SMS search with a keyword. This is a little difficult, I've sent word to airdroid.com so updating their programs. Airdroid has a cool feature, but just a little less.